Saturday, January 31, 2009

Vegetarian Spaetzle or Spaetzli as I call them

Last night I cooked dinner for some friends and I wanted to make them something authentic Swiss and delicious. Since they were not vegetarians I made them spaetzli and cream sauce with chicken. They loved it and it was a real hit.
But I also made a vegetarian spaetzli bake for Kasie and I and it was so great I thought I would share.

I started by making spaetzli (see below if you want to see how).
I layered the spaetzli in a casserole dish and topped with steamed broccoli, sliced tomatoes, caramelized onions and topped with Gruyere cheese.

Then I baked it at 400 for 20 minutes and voila...delicious!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh it looks like it turned out great!! YUM!! I seriously want to make your veggie enchiladas, now those look super good :) Thanks for your sweet comment! I have loved getting to know you too and will be OH SO SAD when you leave!! Ugh, but I think you already know that, hehehehe :) We have to stay in touch after you leave because I want you at my reception!! :) Love you!

Brenna LaPray said...

That looks so good. I wish you lived close enough to cook for me. I still remember eating at your house. We had noodles with a gravy sauce. I loved it but can not for the life of me remember what it was.