Thursday, January 8, 2009

Birthday Weekend

My birthday is Dec. 27th but I got to celebrate a little later with my best friend when we went to Flagstaff for the weekend to ski. She surprised me with a little impromptu "cake" with candles and everything. It was one of the best birthdays ever!


She got it right too...29!



We explored a little of downtown Flagstaff and had dinner at a Pizza Place. The snow and the Christmas lights still twinkling made me feel as if the whole town was celebrating with me.




The next morning...hitting the slopes.



As I was heading up the lift to run a couple of black diamonds (yes ladies and gents...this Swiss girl can ski) the weather got progressively worse. Suddenly I was in a complete white-out. I could barely see 10 feet in front of me. It got a little scary as snowboarders and skiers all tried to navigate blindly down the slopes. But the adrenaline rush made it an incredible trip down the mountain. Kasie was waiting at the bottom for me with the camera in hand. Don't I look good! lol just kidding.

1 comment:

jewels said...

Too fun, I still have never hit the slopes. It is crazy seeing that I live in Utah. My husband goes boarding at least once a week, I guess I should learn. You look great in your cute outfit. I am glad you had a good birthday!!