Monday, January 27, 2014

It's been almost two years


I can't believe how long it's been since I last updated this blog. I think my focus was on my teaching blog and my personal posts fell by the wayside. 
It's time I get back on the horse, so to speak, and start blogging about the changes happening in my life. 

I'm still living and working in Switzerland. I still teach third grade at an International School in Zurich and loving my job. I become more and more passionate about teaching with each day that passes. I echo the words of Malcolm Gladwell...
In fact, researchers have settled on what they believe is the magic number for true expertise: ten thousand hours.

Malcolm Gladwell

I remember the first time I heard this. It was during my masters program and Tom Keys was trying to tell us that even practicing teachers needed years to become experts. It was an overwhelming thought then but even more so now. I learn more about myself as a teacher, a nurturer and a woman everyday I teach. But mostly I learn how little I really know. Now that is a scary thought. I believe teaching might be one of a few professions where you will never, ever get it perfect. But I'm still trying none the less. 

So that's work. My personal life revolved mostly around my pug Lina. 


She lights up my life and is my constant companion. She has to listen to all my strange ramblings, complaining and loud singing but she never complains a bit! Amazing!!

I'm getting ready for a big life changing event as well. Stay tuned for that. I should have an update in Wednesday. Cross your fingers for me because I need all the luck and prayers I can get. 

Until Wednesday. Xx

1 comment:

McEntire Family said...

Fun to see an update from you Pam! Looking forward to hearing what's happening on Wednesday. :)